[Gta04-owner] A nice description about cost and price calculations for open devices

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Feb 23 09:06:18 CET 2014

Hi,
since price calculations of projects like ours come up from time to time,
I think it could be very interesting how the details look like.

Fortunately, I don't have to write that myself, because EvilDragon from the
OpenPanodra project has just written up his thoughts on the Pyra Handheld:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15724-how-to-calculate-a-price-for-the-pyra/

Every point he says fits with our GTA04 experiences. Some factors (component
prices, development wages) may vary in detail, but the big picture is the same.

Seeing his very realistic calculation I still wonder how Vivaldi/Spark wants to
come down to 200 EUR per unit. Maybe someone can tell us?

-- hns