[Gta04-owner] Replicant-4.2 for GTA04

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Fri Feb 21 15:50:34 CET 2014

On 21.02.2014 15:44 UTC+0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
> On 2014-02-21 14:24, Lukas Maerdian wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to announce the first build of Replicant 4.2 for the GTA04!
>
> Nice!
>
>> The latest binary image by Goldelico represents almost the latest state
>> of the sources and is available for testing here:
>>   http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/replicant/4.2/unstable/
>>
>> Furthermore, there is a binary image by Alexandre, which is a bit
>> heavier patched to include some performance fixes, but does not use the
>> default GTA04 single partition installation scheme:
>>   https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-rRgKAzYyoBaUFmbzUtRXJNTzA/edit
>>
>> The two big differences in his image are that those two issues are fixed:
>>   http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/issues/564/
>>   http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/issues/559/
>
> I'm confused.  Why doesn't the Goldelico image include those two fixes?
>
> (I'm assuming that your Replicant work is on behalf of / closely linked
> with Goldelico - is that correct?)

Yes my Replicant work is on behalf of Goldelico.

Those fixes are not (yet) integrated, because they touch core
frameworks/parts of Android (#564) or interfere with my current kernel
work (#559).

I try to find solutions to not touch the core parts of Android, because
we do not have enough manpower to maintain a whole Android stack like
AOSP, Linaro or CyanogenMod do. The Goldelico build is a pure
Replicant/CyanogenMod with just a GTA04 device+kernel overlay.

BR,
  Lukas