[Gta04-owner] [ANNOUNCE] Goldelico Replicant Testing Snapshot (2014.08)

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Mon Aug 25 22:09:46 CEST 2014

Le vendredi 22 août 2014 à 13:52 +0200, Lukas Maerdian a écrit :
> Hey!
>
> After a long period of silence, which was due to me being busy with
> university work, I have a new Goldelico Replicant announcement to make!
> Fortunately, Paul added quite some changes to upstream Replicant in the
> mean time, which I could import into our single-partition, easy
> installable and multi-device Goldelico Replicant variant.

Well, not that the upstream Replicant version is so hard to install
either. There are very straightforward instructions available at:
http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GTA04Installation
and it also supports recovery installation!

> Additional Features:
> * support Letux 2804 (GTA04) phone, Letux 3704 PDA, Letux 7004 tablet
> * support for LIS302 accel sensor (by Alexandre)
> * support for TEPT4400 ambient light sensor
> * automatic brightness control on Letux 3704 (using TEPT4400)
> * integration of Radio Interface Layer (hayes-ril)
> * improvements to hayes-ril, to support the GTA04 modem (GTM601)

Nice work on the RIL and sensors! I'll have to take a closer at that
soon. Thanks again for your great work Lukas!

> If you appreciate what you see here, I'd like to kindly ask you, on
> behalf of Goldelico, to consider making a donation to the GTA04 project.

Donations to the Replicant project are welcome as well (it doesn't pay
for development but helps getting hardware and spreading the word about
the project and the freedom and privacy/security issues on mobile
devices):
https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=19

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer