[Gta04-owner] Kernel 3.17-rc1

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Aug 17 11:59:11 CEST 2014

Linus isn't having holidays and has already published 3.17-rc1:

So I have just updated our kernel (and fixed ~5 merge conflicts).

	<http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/3.17-rc1>

The new kernel is working (on GTA04), but still shows all the known issues:
* booting is slow (~twice as long as on 3.12 with board flle)
* ALSA is slightly broken (needs to be analysed)
* WiFi/BT/GPS/WWAN power management broken
* Touch screen broken (our old driver has not yet been ported)
* HDQ broken (known to be a side-effect of WiFi/BT/GPS being broken)
* "poweroff" does not power off the twl4030 although we have configured the device tree for that

And some change for user space:
* /sys/devices/madc-hwmon was renamed to /sys/devices/madc-hwmon/hwmon/hwmon1