[Gta04-owner] [ANN]: Kernel progress

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Sep 30 12:45:11 CEST 2013

And 3.12-rc3 is merged!

The most significant changes with significance for the GTA04 appear to be in the omap-dss system.

We have also integrated the linear charging patch.

And, we have discussed with the omap-dss maintainer how to get back the TVout. This turned out to be quite complex since we are the first to use a video amplifier - and therefore need to add a driver for it to setup the tv-out pipeline. And, we will have to enhance the VENC driver to add some rarely used mode setting (for using the external amplifier). This all was previously done in the board file using some hooks - but the hooks have been removed to make the drivers ready for device tree.

Sorry for top-posting, but this is like the git log - the most recent changes come first...