[Gta04-owner] charging log

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at
Fri Sep 13 15:25:04 CEST 2013

Hi

Am 13.09.2013 14:40, schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:

> Am 13.09.2013 um 14:02 schrieb Radek Polak:
[...]

>> Now when USB is plugged in charging current is set to 100mA. QtMoko
>> slowly increases current while checking that voltage does not drop
>> under 4.6V Once it drops it stops increasing the charging current.
[...]

> Nice work, but I am not sure what is going on.
>
> I have tested at least 8 different GTA04 and none did have below 4.5V. A
> very typical value is like Neil did report (4.8 - 5.0V).
>
> Did you check the cable or your power supply?

For the records: I have seen the behaviour Radek implemented (increasing
charging current until a maximum is reached or voltage drops below a
certain current) exhibited by a Sony Ericsson Cybershot. So I think it
is a known solution to a common problem (bad cables or weak power supplies)!

Greetings
Hermann