[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Sat Sep 7 23:56:50 CEST 2013

On 09/07/2013 08:24 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Am 03.09.2013 um 14:26 schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>> The next step I want to try is to use the HSO driver with debugging enabled.
>
> Ok, here some snippet with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG=y debugging:

> And now comes the result (or problem): I was no longer able to produce a reenumeration in 3G.
>
> I also cross-checked: I compiled the kernel again w/o CONFIG_USB_DEBUG,
> installed, rebooted and the reenumerations were also lost.
>
> So I additionally removed the #define DEBUG in hso.c so that I was back to the
> original source and could not find reenumerations. So they must depend on the
> current wind direction or humidity.

So, if I understand this correctly, you originally got reenumerations,
then you compiled your own kernel with debug on, and no longer got them.
Then you compiled your own kernel with debug off, and still didn't get
them, even after you removed all your changes and recompiled.

That makes me wonder: have you tried going back to the original kernel
image that you did get the reenumerations with?

If you try that, and end up having them with that kernel but not with
your own, then the problem is compiler dependent as well.

I rather hope that's not the case... Though I guess it would pretty much
confirm that it's a timing issue in the kernel if that does happen.

-Frode