[Gta04-owner] Tracking down power 'leak'

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Sep 4 11:16:57 CEST 2013

On Wednesday, September 04, 2013 10:39:58 AM Christ van Willegen wrote:

> Also, I suspect that the battery I'm using now is old. At the moment
> I'm russing QtMoko v56, which uses about 35mA.

Can try pull out the battery and boot the phone - but make sure it's not
connected to the charger - IIRC there was some problem when booting on
charger. I can get down to 22mA - but not always, 22mA is usualy at home at
work i have much more maybe around these 35mA.

> That would mean an
> empty battery in about 34hrs. (at least, more than a day). But, I need
> to re-charge every day, so my battery is probably less than 1200 mAh
> by now.

You can check charge_full attribute (in NeoControl or via sysfs). It will tell
you capacity of the battery - if the battery is very old it will be under
1000mAh. I think values above 1000 are quite ok.

Regards

Radek