[Gta04-owner] qtmoko-buildhost-armhf image - how to get@

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Sep 2 14:14:19 CEST 2013

On Monday, September 02, 2013 01:36:46 PM Szymon Olewniczak wrote:

> > You can read some basic instructions here [1]. Especially the section "
> > Compiling natively on ARM" is relevant.
>
> Yes, I've read that but when I've downloaded qtmoko-buildhost-armhf, the
> README file stands:
>   QEMU buildhost for armhf. You need to supply your own rootfs image named
>   wheezy-armhf.img.
> But I've no idea how to prepare my own wheezy-armhf.img.

Ahh ok,
i cant give exactly step by step, but it should be fairly easy. You have to
create qemu harddisk image. My image is 32GB. Mount the image and unpack armhf
rootfs - qtmoko release tarbal [1] can be good start for the rootfs. Unmount
the image and use start.sh script to launch it. For building qtmoko you'll
have to install gcc and all other dependencies. The qemu commands for making
image and mounting are quite well described here [2].

Regards

Radek

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/QEMU