[Gta04-owner] Gta04 Board

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Nov 23 12:39:31 CET 2013

Hi Oz,

Am 23.11.2013 um 12:11 schrieb Oz Nahum Tiram:

> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> Is it possible to purchase a new board?

not yet, but we are currently collection preorders to start another
production run. We must have enough interest since we get much
better prices if we build larger batches.

For details of this preorder/fund-raising campaign please look here:

http://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04A5

> Could the neo900 board be used with a freerunner case also ?

No.

* Neo900 board will fit into N900 case, reusing the display slider mechanics, antennas etc.
* GTA04 board fits into GTA01/GTA02 case (or some DIY case [1]), reusing display, antennas etc.

The PCB has to be shaped and components have to be placed
at specific positions on a PCB so that the electronics fits into the
cases. The most inflexible parts are the display, the battery and
some external connectors and buttons. Those can't be moved around
and form sort of "lock" by the case where the PCB ("key") must fit.

We are here in a micro-miniaturization area, where every 0.1mm
counts and may make a difference.

> Thanks,
> Oz

I hope this helps for better understanding of the concepts.

[1]: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/page/CaseDesign/