[Gta04-owner] Voice routing

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Nov 13 12:12:54 CET 2013

Hi,
I have started to analyse the voice routing patch for the 3.12.0 kernel
because routing to SoC did not work any more [1].

After removing the patch it worked fine.

With the patch it appears that I have to switch to hw-routing
once and back to SoC to make it work.

This indicates an initialization issue.

What I have done is to replace writing directly to the twl registers
by a call to twl4030_voice_set_tristate() which tries to preserve
as much as possible of the original register contents.

Now, SW routing works in the dial script.

But HW routing does not (neither with old nor new patch). Maybe
I am also just missing something in the mixer settings?

Please can someone check if the amixer commands are complete:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-rootfs.git;a=blob;f=debian/config/root/dial;hb=HEAD

or give me a link to a working state file?

[1]: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/507/