[Gta04-owner] Solved - change required -- 3.12 suspend

Benjamin Deering ben_deering at swissmail.org
Tue Nov 12 23:48:12 CET 2013

On 11/12/2013 03:10 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> I must admit that I don't even know how to test that because I am not
> familiar with these states (is there a good description?).

The goldelico 3.12 kernel has off-mode enabled.  For me, this means that
after the first suspend, the gta04 doesn't resume.  Are you able to
suspend/resume multiple times with this kernel?

To see the problem with this patch, disable off-mode in the board file
(search for off_mode).  The device will still go to off-mode on the
second suspend because the hack doesn't check what state we want, only
how many times the device has suspended.
> Our 3.12 kernel appears to have inherited this patch.

Yes, it looks like Neil Brown has reverted the change from his kernel.
http://git.neil.brown.name/?p=gta04.git;a=commit;h=fc375f675c4be233652b8808b1e2df48fb557bdc