[Gta04-owner] rs232 to seagate interface

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Nov 8 11:29:50 CET 2013

> Am 08.11.2013 um 11:21 schrieb Alexey Smirnoff:
>
>> Is it possible to connect gta04 to a seagate drive via serial?
>
> Most likely no becasue I don't know the voltage levels and polarity on those Seagate connector pins.
>
> RS232 defines ca. +/-7 V (yes, negative!). The range that is allowed is AFAIR 3 - 15 V (+/-).
>
> This may damage your seagate drive if it e.g. works with 3.3V TTL logic levels.

Yes, my guess appears to be right:

https://sites.google.com/site/seagatefix/

But I take no warranty that this description works and is the right one for your intention...

What you also should take care of is that the GTA04 is wired up as a Modem and most likely
the RS232 adapter mentioned here as well. So you need to cross-over RX&TX.