[Gta04-owner] GTA04-Kernel 3.12.0 is available

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Nov 4 11:04:36 CET 2013

Hi all,
Linus has released the first non-rc version and I have merged it.
There were no important changes that obviously influence the GTA04 kernel.

I have also added the latest OTG patches from Andreas.

Everything is now in the master branch:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=summary

There is still one major issue not solved [1] GSM voice does not
work properly. Maybe the hw-routing patch is no longer compatible
(which does not become visible by merge conflicts but only through
testing).

BTW: if you look at the 3.12-wip-replicant4 branch, Lukas has
done a great job to provide a new 3.12 based android compatible
kernel. This includes all our +plus goodies for the GTA04 and
the adb usb gadget driver.

So there isn't much excuse any more to develop Replicant 4.0
for the GTA04...

Please test, report issues and help to make it even better by submitting
patches.

Regarding 3.13 the merge window is now open and we already have
some drivers in the pipeline. So let's see how much we can get into
3.13 so that the difference from mainline becomes smaller again.

And in parallel we will try to work on the long-term research-like issues
like power management and modem reenumeration.

[1]: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/495/