[Gta04-owner] openSUSE 12.3 available

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 18:37:30 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

I can now say that openSUSE 12.3 for ARM runs on the GTA04.
The current state is a bootable image that runs on one sdcard partition
Here is what has been done:
+ create dummy bootloader to take care of bootargs.scr generation and
automatic symlinks /boot/{uImage,bootargs.scr}
+ package neil-plus kernel
+ set up USB Network (192.168.0.202)
+ add Maliit onscreen keyboard to login screen
+ modify lightdm greeter so the keyboard doesn't hide it
+ modify the JeOS and XFCE packages of opensuse arm port to generate
images for gta04

All the work is done in home:mayerjosua:GTA04 project on
build.opensuse.org
<https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Amayerjosua%3AGTA04>,
Images are available here
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mayerjosua:/GTA04/images/>.

What could be done(not ordered):
+ make rpm package of the powervr userspace libraries (I already did
that for Mer) but its not so much use without DRI
+ add gta04 patches on top of standard suse kernel
+ add onscreen keyboard to yast2-firstboot
+ Maliit onscreen keyboard improvement
+ run touchscreen calibration on startup
+ new lightdm greeter that fits our screen well

Feel free to haev a lot of fun with it.

Regards
Josua Mayer

PS: root-password is linux