[Gta04-owner] QtMoko audio state work

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Wed Jan 30 09:01:09 CET 2013

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:05:55 +0000 Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>
wrote:

> NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> writes:
>
> > The 'writes' are very unlikely to have blocked, so it must have been the
> > reads.  They are allowed to block, for some reason they block too long.
> >
> > The only thing I can think of is that you have some plugin in place which
> > causes a larger buffer to be used.  So the first 'read from mic' actually
> > waits more than 160ms and gets a big buffer.  The subsequent calls all work
> > directly with buffers and don't block at all.  Then the second
> > read-from-modem happened too late (because it didn't have a big buffer).
> >
> > Do you have anything in /etc/asound or /root/.asoundrc ??
>
> No, I don't have those files at all.

OK, I'm stumped then.

What I would do next is to insert some gettimeofday() calls at start-of-loop
and after each snd_* call, and collect the timestamps.
Then, on the first error, print them all out (don't print until you get an
error as printing could potentially cause a delay).

That will at least point out where the flaw in my logic is.

NeilBrown