[Gta04-owner] Replicant GTA04 : suspend bug

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 29 08:33:23 CET 2013

On Monday, January 28, 2013 07:38:39 PM NeilBrown wrote:

>  If you can find some vendor who sold an OMAP3 based phone running the
>  relevant version of Android, then getting the kernel they used might be a
>  reasonable starting point as they would presumably have added all the OMAP
>  development code much like those in the 2.6.32 hardware-validation kernel.
>
>  If not, the only real options are:
>    1/ merge all the OMAP support from somewhere into an Android kernel
>    2/ merge all the Android support into a mainline kernel.
>
>  I strongly believe that the latter would be substantially simpler.  This
> is in part because the Android features were designed to be very modular,
> and so easy to move from on kernel to another, while the OMAP support is
> very deep and intertwined and really quite complex.

I was trying replicant a few months ago. I could run it with Neil's kernel
without any patches. I had working just graphics, touchscreen and ADB over usb
network.

Some android features are already mainline under staging drivers (e.g. ashmem)

Some are IMO quite useless (like USB adb gadget - or is there any point if we
can easily setup USB network?)

I think i have seen something that could replace wakelocks in latest 3.7
kernel.

Maybe the rest could be cherry-picked from some older android kernel. I am
still quite interested in having Replicant on my GTA04 - i'd like to
contribute something, but i wonder when i will have some spare time left for
it...

Regards

Radek