[Gta04-owner] QtMoko audio state work

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 23:19:17 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:

> But there are several problems with this explanation.
>
> - It doesn't actually explain why we never see r_mic overruns.  After an
>   r_mod overrun, r_mod's buffer is reset to 0 but r_mic's buffer is left
>   unchanged.  So now r_mic is ahead of r_mod, and we ought to see an
>   r_mic overrun before the next r_mod overrun...

I'm not really familiar with the code, but this came to my mind:
If you read from r_mic, isn't the HW buffer reset to zero and you just
throw away all data in userspace as you never get to the point to
process it further? If not, how do you tell the HW that the data
you've read before can be removed from the buffer after you've sent it
to the modem?

Regards,
  Christoph