[Gta04-owner] Replicant GTA04 : suspend bug

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Sun Jan 27 21:13:04 CET 2013

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 20:37:52 +0400 Alexander Rumyantsev <ran at mail.wplus.net>
wrote:

> Hello.
>
> > > That's really good but as noticed on the wiki, there's an issue with the
> > > suspend. I've noticed some strange behavior :
> > >      1. plug your GTA04 on your computer, set it to debug mode
> > >      2. check the option to not suspend (this option is available in the
> > >         notification bar when you click on the debug notification)
> > >      3. click on power button in the home to suspend
> > >      4. click again on power and you can resume without issue
> >
> > Yes, in some cases such as this one, suspend/resume works. If you try
> > playing music and then suspend (even if not connected via USB), resume
> > will always work too.
> >
> > Android seems to use standard Linux suspend/resume process, so I guess
> > the problem is in the kernel.
>
> Trying to investigate this problem I notice this patch
> https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/commit/1dcf9f5f6493e5278edb5eadb453c8b9c8ee6dc2
> After testing with Replicant-2.3 I found that I have not suspend/resume problem. So
> 1) patch may be a temporary solution
> 2) Radek or Nail - please, could you give more detail what was a reason you implement
> this patch and what was next steps.

The comment at the top nearly says it all:

    Don't switch consoles or sync on suspend.

    Neither of these actions are really needed and can slow suspend
    down, so disable them.

Applying the patch speed up suspend for me, and removed the switch to
text-console and back which was visually disturbing.  When you use
auto-suspend so that it happens quite often, this can become significant.
As there were no down-sides I just left it like that.

Did you find that reverted the patch fixed a problem?  Can you provide more
details of the problem.
This email seems like the middle of a conversation that I haven't seen the
rest of.  Did it take place on some other list that you can point me to?

NeilBrown