[Gta04-owner] Camera and PVR/SGX patches for Kernel 3.7 - need help

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Jan 27 19:11:11 CET 2013

Am 27.01.2013 um 18:59 schrieb Lukas Märdian:

> Am 27.01.2013 17:37, schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>> b) I have downloaded the latest Graphics_SDK_4_08_00_01.bin
>> from TI, unpacked and have done the same integration approach
>> as for the 2.6.32 kernel.
>>
>> After fixing the Makefile and the -D options plus some (minor?) changes
>> to cope with kernel source changes after Linux 3.4 it finally compiled
>> fine, but the kernel does not boot any more:
>>

>> Environment size: 2996/131068 bytes
>> lcm state set to deep-standby
>> display power off
>> ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 82000000 ...
>>  Image Name:   Linux-3.7.0-offmode-gta04
>>  Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
>>  Data Size:    3191216 Bytes = 3 MiB
>>  Load Address: 80008000
>>  Entry Point:  80008000
>>  Verifying Checksum ... OK
>> OK
>>
>> Starting kernel ...
>>
>> Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
>>
>> ---- here it hangs ----
>
> Would it maybe be worth to check how far we get with the omapdrm [0] driver?
>
> As far as I understand it, it is an FOSS kernel driver for our chip,
> which can still integrate with the PVR blobs... and it is actively
> maintained by TI's Rob Clark.

Well, before trying a completely different set of drivers (with their own
issues) I would try to get the official ones running again. An older version
works on the hw-validation kernel. Therefore it is just something small
which has been changed between SDK3 and SDK4 and Kernel 2.6.32 and 3.7.

Some DRM driver is already provided by the official system (see Kbuild):

<http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=blob_plain;f=drivers/gpu/pvr/omap3/services4/3rdparty/linux_drm/Kbuild;hb=refs/heads/hw-validation-3.x>

But without getting meaningful debug logs it is difficult to say what is
going wrong...