[Gta04-owner] GT04+FSO+SHR+Debian: Bluetooth, suspend, lock, SHR profile

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sat Jan 26 19:38:15 CET 2013

>>> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Wireless/#wikititle_5
>
> This is the description for the 2.6.32 hw-validation kernel.
>
> Things (sys filepath names) have changed for the 3.x kernels.
>
> The problem is that we try to document user-space behaviour of two
> kernels developed by two teams on the same Wiki...

if i read that correctly, it would mean there are paths fro 3.x too?

> But there is good news: the 2.6.32-kernel will soon be retired and there
> will be a 3.7 based hw-validation kernel. And then, the documentation
> will be updated.

two questions: when? and will FSO work with it? last i heard was that does
not with newer kernels (that's why i use the on from SHR)

in the meantime, how can i figure out the correct paths? are there files
in /sys helping me to find the right ones?

> I think Neil has built in some automatic power/reset control for
> Bluetooth/WLAN.
> Therefore it is no longer required to "manually" control power.
>
> It could be sufficient to open /dev/ttyO0 (the HCI port) by starting
> hciattach.

sadly, no:

gta04:~# hciattach -s 115200 /dev/ttyO0 any 115200 flow && sleep 2
Device setup complete
gta04:~# rfkill list
0: GPS: GPS
         Soft blocked: yes
         Hard blocked: no
1: Bluetooth: Bluetooth
         Soft blocked: no
         Hard blocked: no
2: phy0: Wireless LAN
         Soft blocked: no
         Hard blocked: no
9: hci0: Bluetooth
         Soft blocked: no
         Hard blocked: no
gta04:~# hciconfig -a
hci0:   Type: BR/EDR  Bus: UART
         BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00  ACL MTU: 0:0  SCO MTU: 0:0
         DOWN
         RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
         TX bytes:100 acl:0 sco:0 commands:20 errors:0

gta04:~# hciconfig hci0 up
Can't init device hci0: Connection timed out (110)

hciconfig -a should print the actual MAC, i guess?