[Gta04-owner] GTA04A5 - was 8mW sleep for Beagle Board

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jan 10 15:02:13 CET 2013

Am 10.01.2013 um 14:34 schrieb Butrus Damaskus:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Butrus Damaskus
> <butrus.butrus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Flemming Richter Mikkelsen
>> <quatrox at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hmmm...
>>> If it should function as a remote control, I believe there is two popular
>>> frequencies... so one would need two IR LEDs.
>>
>> "Frequencies" is not the problem, you can generate 40kHz or 36kHz as
>> you wish. The wavelength might possibly be a problem but most likely
>> it would affect the range and still work to some degree...
>
> BTW, this is what I found
> :http://www.google.de/url?q=http://www.vishay.com/docs/82606/remote.pdf

cool information! The key sentence confirms our idea:
"the IrDA TXD port should be a multi- function port, which supports
also GPIO (General Purpose Output) and UART"

This means we should control uart3_tx as GPIO166.

And because I just had a GTA04 board connected to RS232 and the
u-boot console I tried the "systest irda" command which also does
to mirror the IrDA RX GPIO to the power LED. And I could make it
flash by pointing a panasonic VCR remote control on it...

So it is "just" software to make something working.

Happy coding,