[Gta04-owner] Modem firmware update

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jan 8 11:14:03 CET 2013

Hi Bob,

Am 08.01.2013 um 11:06 schrieb Bob Ham:

> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:48:22 +0100, Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>
> wrote:

>>> I will take another look into that after solving production things and
>>> holidays.
>>> So it may take a while for news.
>>>
>>> Nikolaus
>>
>> Hi Nikolaus,
>>
>> Can I remind you about this firmware question and ask if there is any
>> news?
>
> Can I remind you again? :-)  Is there any word from Option on a modem
> firmware update?

Since there have been no major problems and the kernel driver patch
appears to work or other workarounds have been found, I have not asked
any more.

And since we still have only a very small number of units, it is difficult to
move them to do anything special for us.

It may become a little different if we get enough orders to start production
of the A5 boards, because then we most likely get modules with a newer
firmware. Then, we can ask for help to field upgrade the older boards to
the same level.

So the blocking point is that we need more demand for GTA04A5 boards.