[Gta04-owner] Using a GTA04 of as wifi hot-spot.

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Thu Jan 3 02:01:55 CET 2013

NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> writes:

>  - AT_OWANCALL=1,1,1
>    should result in asynchronous notification of call status. (The last '1'
>    means async notify).  However that notification only ever appears on
>    /dev/ttyHS_Control, much like the 'NO CARRIER' when the remote end hangs
>    up only appears on /dev/ttyHS_Modem.
>    As I didn't want to use HS_Control in my main modem monitoring app (I
>    leave that free to send SMS messages) I just used polling with AT_OWANCALL?
>    to get the status.

What are the status changes that can be notified for a data call?  I
imagined that a data call should stay up forever or until explicitly
torn down, but perhaps that's wrong?

(In practice I have noticed times when my data connection went down
without me asking it - as indicated in QtMoko by the "3" or "G" in the
title bar being hollow instead of filled in.)

      Neil