[Gta04-owner] Can't boot QtMoko or SHR with current makesd script

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sat Feb 23 13:49:01 CET 2013

Lukas Märdian <luk at slyon.de> writes:

> Am 23.02.2013 00:59, schrieb Neil Jerram:
>> However, after the touchscreen calibration, I see an oversized dialog
>> about Enlightenment having crashed, and behind that a settings panel
>> that allows loading or unloading Enlightenment modules.
>>
>> I don't see:
>> - the Illume(2) UI that I'm expecting
>> - the SHR first run wizard
>> - anything that allows me to set scale factor 2 as recommended at
>>   http://shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Devices/GTA04/InstallGuide#InstallingSHR.
>>
>> Do you know how I can make further progress?
>
> Yes this is a known bug...
>
> SSH into your device (root at 192.168.7.2):
> $ rm -rf .e/
> $ systemctrl restart xserver-nodm.service
>
> => now the first start wizzard should pop up!

Thanks Lukas!

Unfortunately, though, SSH doesn't work for me.  I can ping 192.168.7.2
from my laptop, but there's no response to "ssh 192.168.7.2".

This is with
http://build.shr-project.org/shr-core-staging/latest/images/om-gta04/shr-image-om-gta04.tar.gz.
Perhaps I should now go back to trying
http://build.shr-project.org/shr-core/images/om-gta04/shr-image-om-gta04.tar.gz
instead.  What image would you recommend?

By the way, while trying this I did see the SHR lock screen for the
first time, and it looks great!

Regards,
        Neil