[Gta04-owner] GTA04 & dead battery

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Mon Feb 18 11:07:29 CET 2013

Hi,

Early last year I got my gta04.  Unfortunately, I didn't have much
time to play with it (but it did work).  I recently took it out again
and found that the battery was dead---pressing the button didn't
result in an obvious reaction.

I recall reading on this list that I can still recharge the battery in
the gta04, but it will take a lot longer, because it will only trickle
charge until the device boots to Linux.  I left my gta04 connected to
my computer for a week, but I never saw a reaction.  I then connected
it to a Nokia wall charger for a few days.  It's still there, but
there still hasn't been a reaction.

Any ideas on how to proceed?  Do I need a new battery?

Thanks,

Neal