[Gta04-owner] Packaging PVR Userspace Was: PVR integration for Kernel 3.7 done

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:06:40 CET 2013

Am 13.02.2013 15:09, schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
> Finally, I think I have successfully integrated the PVR kernel driver
> into our 3.7 tree.
>
> <http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Video-3D/>
>
> These things are also available as packages in Ubuntu but I think
> they have some dependencies that we can't resolve in standard Debian.
>
> If someone could research and explain the license situation, I could easily
> make a (non-free) .deb that contains all libraries, runtime and SDK picked
> out of the TI provided binaries. This would allow distros like QtMoko to simply
> preinstall the libs and runtime.
According to the Graphics_SDK_Manifest_04_08_00_02.doc the binaries are
under a license called "TI TSPA".
Reading that license I found that the binaries may be redistributed.
They only want a copy of the license and their copyright notice bundled
and the binaries must be unmodified so they say.
I guess under taht license its not an issue to package the binaries and
offer them for download.