[Gta04-owner] Can't boot QtMoko or SHR with current makesd script

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Feb 16 19:15:30 CET 2013

Hi Neil,

Am 16.02.2013 um 19:05 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:
>
>> However, now when I take out card #1 and put back card #2, I can't boot
>> anything on card #2.  All I see is the white screen; it stays there for
>> at least several minutes with no indication of ever doing anything else.

Did you see the Tux before or is it right from the beginning? In the first case
the kernel may simply be hanging, i.e. it is loaded but does not run. I
did experience such a thing recently with a wrong PVR/SGX driver compiled
into the kernel. This would mean the boot system is generally ok, but the
kernel isn't.

If the whole device does only show a white screen, the boot system is damaged
(or not completely installed).

>> Any ideas?
>
> Could it be that there isn't yet a stable boot system (from
> http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/) that can boot ext4?

This one should work, but I have seen that it has a bug. It did reference the
kernel files from the current unstable kernel. I.e. you can't correctly
boot with it.

The $SERVER line should read as:

[ "$SERVER" ] || export SERVER=http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/20130130-GTA04-last-2.6.32

> Or could it be that I need boot files in partition 1 of my card #2?  At
> the moment that partition only contains the following.
>
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    1242 Feb 15 19:45 bootargs.scr
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2915312 Jan  1  2000 uImage

Looks ok, but appears to be a 3.7 kernel uImage (it is a little smaller).