[Gta04-owner] Battery charger

"Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk" beniwtv at relamp.tk
Wed Feb 13 10:52:35 CET 2013

On 02/13/2013 10:45 AM, Rico Rommel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2013, 10:08:16 schrieb Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anyone knows how many mA the GTA04 needs with GPS on?
>> I have a charger that provides up to 650mA, will that suffice?
> It is enough, but on dumb chargers you will need a USB-cable with shorted D+
> and D- or you can try this udev-rule:
>
> SUBSYSTEM=="power_supply", ACTION=="change",
> DEVPATH=="*power_supply/twl4030_usb" ATTRS{1-0048/twl4030_usb/id}=="200k",
> ATTR{../../max_current}="500000"

Hi,

Thanks for the hint, but it seems to work even without this. Saying it's
charging with 240mA.

>> How can I check if it's charging (sys-paths)?
> /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/status
> /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/current_now
>
> Problems I noticed:
>
> After resuming from suspend power consumption is crowing more and more. It
> sometimes reaches more than 500 mA with display on and then it doesn't charge.

I've run into this problem before when connected to the laptop,
sometimes it wouldn't charge.

Have not seen that (yet) with QtMoko v52, but then again I've had it
only for a few weeks, and I always used the OpenMoko charger. Today
though it charged completely full connected to the laptop.

> If battery charge is below 60% it regularly disconnects USB and does'nt
> charge. You have to reconnect the charger. I have the suspicion, voltage
> reduces with discharging battery too and gets to low.

Thanks,
Ben