[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52: I can not hear the caller

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Feb 6 13:16:20 CET 2013

On Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:41:38 AM ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de wrote:

> Hi,
>

> thank you for your help.
>
>  > can you check if your earpiece is working? I saw one bad earpiece and i
>  > always wondered that the small pins have contact.
>
> This is a gta04 full unit - all components are from golden delicious and
> it was there assembled too (and bought via a a reseller). I lack of
> experience in this area, so I think it is better to find out if the ear
> piece if working or not (using software) and if not I have to sent it back.
>
>  > alsactl -f /opt/qtmoko/etc/alsa/a4/PhoneEarpiece.state restore
>
> This leads to "alsactl: set_control:1388: Cannot write control
> '2:0:0:Codec Operation Mode:0' : Device or resource busy".

Ahh sorry, it's not that easy. Now this test should work ;-)

	. /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
	echo "alsactl -f /opt/qtmoko/etc/alsa/a3/PhoneEarpiece.state restore" >
/restore-earpiece.sh
	chmod +x /restore-earpiece.sh
	pasuspender /restore-earpiece.sh
	paplay /home/root/Documents/Alarm_Beep_01.ogg

It should print no error now and you should hear the beep in earpiece.

Regards

Radek