[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52: I can not hear the caller

ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de
Wed Feb 6 10:41:38 CET 2013

Hi,

thank you for your help.

 > can you check if your earpiece is working? I saw one bad earpiece and i
 > always wondered that the small pins have contact.

This is a gta04 full unit - all components are from golden delicious and
it was there assembled too (and bought via a a reseller). I lack of
experience in this area, so I think it is better to find out if the ear
piece if working or not (using software) and if not I have to sent it back.

 > alsactl -f /opt/qtmoko/etc/alsa/a4/PhoneEarpiece.state restore

This leads to "alsactl: set_control:1388: Cannot write control
'2:0:0:Codec Operation Mode:0' : Device or resource busy".

 > and then play some sounds - e.g. in media player or from command line:
 >
 > . /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
 >
 > paplay /home/root/Documents/Alarm_Beep_01.ogg

This  leads to "Connection failure: Connection refused".
There was no sound in the ear piece.

Is there a safe way to find out if the ear piece is not working without
disassembling the unit?

Regards,
ma_pri