[Gta04-owner] bq27000-battery: battery is not calibrated! ignoring capacity values

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Feb 5 00:41:43 CET 2013

EdorFaus <edorfaus at xepher.net> writes:

> On 02/04/2013 07:06 AM, NeilBrown wrote:
>> On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 22:47:03 +0100 EdorFaus <edorfaus at xepher.net> wrote:
>>> The problem is that, since we haven't seen the datasheet or any other
>>> relevant information, we don't actually know what that calibration
>>> procedure is supposed to be.
>>
>> Datasheets can be found.  e.g.
>> http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/bq27200.pdf
>
> Ah, thank you! I'm apparently no good at that.
>
> If I read this correctly, the calibration is specified to happen
> automatically whenever the battery goes from a full charge to
> completely empty in one go, which is basically what I thought.
> Nice to see that confirmed by official documentation.

That's also consistent with my experience.  FWIW what I experienced was
that my previously happy and relatively new battery somehow lost its
calibration.  Then I charged it as much as I could, and then ran the
battery down as fast and quickly as I could, all the time with the
battery page of QtMoko's NeoControl application open.  What I saw was
that the calibration came back - i.e. the 'charge_full' value - when the
'charge_now' value was going down linearly and within a minute of
hitting zero.

Regards,
        Neil