[Gta04-owner] bq27000-battery: battery is not calibrated! ignoring capacity values

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Mon Feb 4 17:01:07 CET 2013

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:11:48 +0100, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> On Monday, February 04, 2013 12:55:30 PM Bob Ham wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 20:20:47 +0100, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>
wrote:
>> > Until the problem is really understood it would be very easy to use
>> > "charge_full_design" if "charge_full" is not available
>>
>> Actually, I don't think this will work.  Looking through the (stock)
>> BQ27x00 battery driver, I see this:
>>
>>   /* We only have to read charge design full once */
>>   if (di->charge_design_full <= 0)
>>           di->charge_design_full = bq27x00_battery_read_ilmd(di);
>
> Hi, i dont get this. Why it should not work?

Because the value will never change :-)

The di->charge_design_full variable is what's presented in
/sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_full_design.  You can see
that it's only updated if the value is less than or equal to zero.  In
other words, if the value hasn't been set before.  That means it's only
updated once, on the first update, as the comment says.  After that it
never changes.

It's academic anyway as my battery doesn't have a BQ27000.

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }