[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52: I can not hear the caller

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Feb 4 15:27:01 CET 2013

On Sunday, February 03, 2013 03:10:28 PM ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de wrote:

> Hi,
>

> after installing QtMoko v52 on my gta04a4 I hear no sound during calls
> via gsmhandset and via speaker too. The person I am calling can hear me.
> QtMoko v50 and v51 are showing the same behaviour.
> I tried the both v52 versions - the armhf and the armel version.
>
> If a sound file is used (without telephony), it is played via the speaker.
> Bluetooth is not active, no headset is attached (and no headset option
> is given during calls).
>
> "Speaker Volume" and "Microphone Volume" are always 0 and not editable
> in "Settings" --> "Call Options" --> "Call Volume".
>

> In the armel version (but not in the armhf version) I can hear a caller
> only using speaker (but not using handset) when executing:
> . /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
> /opt/qtmoko/bin/gsm-voice-routing
>
> During the call with gsm-voice-routing does the following message
> appears on the screen (armel and armhf):
> "r1 (hw:1,0): snd_pcm_readi failed: Input/output error"
>
> Using armhf I am not able to set using neocontrol the playback and
> microphone settings (both are 0).
> Using armel I am able to set using neocontrol the playback and
> microphone settings, but I still hear no sound for gsmhandset.
>

> I set during calls with every alsamixer setting to the maximum. It did
> not lead to any changes in the volume.
> Alsamixer shows only settings for the device gta04. Choosing the device
> gta04-voice or gta04-headset leads to "This sound device does not have
> any controls".
>

> Setting in opt/qtmoko/etc/alsa/a4/PhoneEarpiece.state all "Earpice
> Mixer" controls (control.60-63) to "true" did not help.
>

> "cat /proc/bus/input/devices" shows Touchscreen, bma150,
> twl4030_pwrbutton, twel4030:vibrator, gta04 Headset Jack, and 2 times
> gpio-keys.
>

> I am happy about anybody who can help me or kick me in the right direction.

Hi,
can you check if your earpiece is working? I saw one bad earpiece and i always
wondered that the small pins have contact.

Anyway you can try this:

	alsactl -f /opt/qtmoko/etc/alsa/a4/PhoneEarpiece.state restore

and then play some sounds - e.g. in media player or from command line:

	. /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
	paplay /home/root/Documents/Alarm_Beep_01.ogg

It should play in the earpiece.

Regards

Radek