[Gta04-owner] Power consumption without SIM

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 15:13:55 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm not sure if this prblem still exists, because I _just_ put QtMoko
v52 onto an SD card and am waiting for my GTA04 to re-charge the
battery far enough to boot :-)

Anyway, in recent times a lot of work has gone into sound management
during phone calls, so I'm trying QtMoko again to see if telephony
(and ringtones...) are working again.

Because I needed to be reachable in the last few months, I bought a
'standard' mobile phone, and so there was no SIM in my GTA04. Friday
night, I re-charged the battery (because of FOSDEM). To my surprise,
on Saturday morning my battery was almost completely empty!

Since the modem uses the most power (when the screen is OFF), I had
not expected it to use so much battery when there was no SIM inserted,
but it seems that the modem uses even more power when there is no SIM
inserted than if there is one...

Is this 'known behaviour', or did I do something wrong, or is there
another explanation for my battery being empty so quickly?

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0