[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52

Sven openmoko at maricon.de
Sat Feb 2 21:26:07 CET 2013

Hello Radek,

I also installed v52 version armhf now and can tell about the following
enthusiastic experiences:

1.) Finxi theme is properly working again!!   \o/  \o/  \o/  \o/  \o/
Thank you very much!!

2.) Battery indicator still not working any more. But ok, it has already
been mentioned within this list, that this is caused deeply within the
according driver of kernels later than 3.2. So I decided to let my GTA02
battery get a deep discharge and go through the valley of tricle
charging in order to "calibrate" it. Hoping this will really help...

3.) I get proper speed again. Even during the first boot after having
set up the SD card no more snail creep!    \o/  \o/  \o/

4.) I can see 18mA during suspend!   \o/  \o/  \o/

Result: Very compelling not to use qtmoko v47 any more...  ;-)))

More tests will be done the next days. Especially because it seems that
the day will inevitably become nearer where I need to use the GTA04 as
my daily phone. Live of the batteries of my current Leady X501 is very
hard, because they're so little. A new one lives no longer than max. 4
years, then it's completely sucked out. But when I ordered two new ones
from China last year, I got both with production date code of 2007. One
was already dead when delivered, so I complained and indeed got a
working one as refund, but also with production date of 2007. They seem
to live less than one year, each. Obviously they're selling remnants.

Snif! Have to begin to wave good bye to my fascinating nice little Leady
X501 with its crystal clear display, loud sound, 1.3Mpix camera, USB
connector, SD card slot, video player...

Best regards
    Sven