[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 1 13:05:23 CET 2013

On Friday, February 01, 2013 12:12:56 PM Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk wrote:
> On 02/01/2013 11:20 AM, Radek Polak wrote:
> > On Friday, February 01, 2013 11:08:08 AM Radek Polak wrote:
> > > As for future, i will try to compile rest of the apps for armhf -
> >
> > FBReader
> >
> > > is now missing, but e.g. navit works now. I hope the base system is now
> > >
> > > ready so next releases can be done with "apt-get upgrade".
> > >

> > > So enjoy the release!
> >
> > Ahh btw, i am working also on Freerunner release. It's not that easy.
> > I have decide about pulseaudio/gstreamer. We can either use them or
> > keep our old cruxus media engine.
> >

> > gstreamer/pulseaudio have these advantages/disadvantages:
> >

> > + it will be the same setup on GTA02 and GTA04
> >
> > + media player in qtmoko will be able to play more formats and better
> >
> > + video/sound in html5
> >
> > - it adds ton of dependecies so the image might not fit in NAND
> >

> > I am now trying pulse/gstreamer on GTA02. There are some problems, but
> > if they are solved well i can try base the release on it. If not, it
> > will work with old cruxus media engine.
>
> Hi Radek & others,
>
> Congrats to this release! I just installed the experimental armhf
> release, and I have to say it's very speedy!

Thanks :)

> Some notes though:
>
> 1) The touch screen is a bit too sensitive. This happened before as
> well. When scrolling a list, I always end up opening something. Can this
> be adjusted somehow?

Hmm i dont like the touchscreen sensitivity too - IMO it was better with
Freerunner. Since we are using tslib maybe we can configure some filtering. Or
we could try hack up something in kernel.

> 2) Something strange happened - I was using QtMoko when suddenly a
> terminal window showed up, telling me something about modem enumeration,
> and then restarting QtMoko. Is this for debugging purposes? Can we help
> by sending logs of it? If yes, where to find them?

That's the old Option modem bug. You can see dmesg part in
/modem_reenumerate.log - but i doubt there will be anything useful.

The plan is to wait for GTA04A5 which might have newer firmware loaded in
modem and check if that fixes the problem.

Regards

Radek