[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 1 11:08:08 CET 2013

Hi,
QtMoko v52 is out now. You can download experimental armhf tarball from here
[1] or stable armel from here [2]. For more info visit our homepage [3].

Changelog since v51:

  * media alsa state now saves 5mA
  * media alsa state is now louder
  * fixed "Draft message" instead of sender in SMS (Neil Jerram & Radek Polak)
  * fixed status to be uint64 in mail app db
  * fixed invisible text parts in qterminal
  * better config in mplayer
  * qui utility to show QtMoko message boxes from shell
  * support for armhf arch
  * better pulseaudio config
  * hack to restore brightness when POWER button is pressed

Although the changelog looks small, the release is big step forward - mainly
because of two things:

1/ Neil Brown's excellent kernel work. Neil has enabled and made off mode for
our omap working. This means we consume 7mA less in suspend. In adition A4
users will save 5mA thanks to fixed alsa state. So now our device should eat
~15mA in suspend which means around 2 days battery life in standby.

2/ Wheezy/armhf version is now daily usable. It's marked experimental, because
not all apps are recompiled, you'll need to configure manually X if you want
to use QX and other small things. But i have used it for like 2 months as
phone and noticed no problems. In addition it's a bit faster and multimedia is
much better.

As result of armhf support there have been changes in our QtMoko download
urls. You can find the correct urls in /etc/apt/sources.list and the urls have
also changed on qtmoko apps web.

As for future, i will try to compile rest of the apps for armhf - FBReader is
now missing, but e.g. navit works now. I hope the base system is now ready so
next releases can be done with "apt-get upgrade".

So enjoy the release!

Cheers

Radek

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/Experimental/