[Gta04-owner] 1GHz - suspend issue

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Aug 31 12:02:20 CEST 2013

Am 31.08.2013 um 11:44 schrieb Szymon Olewniczak:

> Hi,
> I'm the owner of 1GHz GTA04 phone. I've known that there is a bug
> in current kernel(I'm using QtMoko v55) which causes that noone can call
> my phone when it's suspended. So I want to ask if anyone find any
> workaround for this? Is there any method to turn off GTA screen without
> suspending(so other persons would be able to call me?). Does the lastest
> unstable kernel solves this issue?

It should - but we need someone to test... Others have reported that the 3.11-rc kernels
don't have the optimal power management.

So the current kernel situation is:

2.6.32:	works perfectly (most feature complete) on 800M and 1G - but has no (!) power management
3.7:		has best power management - but works reliably on 800M only and is missing some features
3.11:	works on 800M and 1G - but has suboptimal power management and is missing some features

My focus will be on improving 3.11 so that we may have a really good 3.12
soon...