[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Sat Aug 31 02:17:50 CEST 2013

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:13:38 +0200 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> On Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:50:26 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> > > Well i seems that my phone somehow lost the ability to easily reproduce
> > > this problem.
> >
> > Looks like becoming a Heisenberg-Bug. The closer you look the less you can
> > grab it...
>
> It seems that together with suspend/resume it triggers again. I have the same
> setup on now execept that in QtMoko in "Power management" i set "Suspend"
> interval to 10s. Got 7 reenumerates now so at least this way it's now
> reproducible.
>
> Regards
>
> Radek

Have you tried removing the call to pm_runtime_allow(&hso_dev->usb->dev);
from driver/net/usb/hso.c?  I find that doing so reduced the number of
re-enumerations substantially.

You can achieve a similar effect with
 echo on > /sys/devices/platform/usbhs_omap/ehci-omap.0/usb2/2-2/power/level

except that this has to be done every time that the device re-enumerates, and
the "2-2" might change.

NeilBrown