[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 30 09:05:06 CEST 2013

On Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:10:12 AM Sven Dyroff wrote:

> Hello Radek,
>
> > In the mean time i'll prepare QtMoko v56 which uses AT_OPSYS=0,2 (this
>
> line was commented in v55
>
> > because i believed that the reenumerate is fixed in kernel with the RING
>
> patch).
>
> this would mean v56 will use 2G only. That would make it unusable for at
> least my needs, because it would slow down data transfer rates so
> something like 10KB/sec again.    :-o
>
> So I strongly suggest that in case you want QtMoko to deal with and
> setting AT_OPSYS again, please let it present a dialog to the user before
> in order to let him choose what he wants.

and if user answers wrong (everyone will tend to answer to use 3G) they will
get crashing modem and missed calls...

If you need 3G why dont you write simple program/script that writes
AT_OPSYS=3,2 to /dev/ttyHS_Control? You can even add this to /etc/rc.local if
you dont want to launch it manually.

I think working telephony has much higher priority (at least for those who try
to use GTA04 as a phone) then fast internet connection.

Regards

Radek