[Gta04-owner] Modem reenummerating (was: Re: Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone)

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Aug 28 17:15:48 CEST 2013

Am 28.08.2013 um 16:50 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Wednesday, August 28, 2013 04:31:42 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> > One more question: does it happen only when an incoming call starts (RING)
> > or SMS is received. Or does it happen during a call? Or does it depend on
> > a call being answered (ATA)?
>
> I am not using SMS very much, so cant tell. For me it happens when the other side hangs up - so no need to answer the call.

Ok, good to know.

So it appears to be tied to the RING mechanism since:
* outgoing calls are not affected
* no need to answer the call
* may or may not happen on SMS

Does it happen at the moment the other side hangs up or at the moment the ring starts?
Or is it not yet possible to decide between these cases (e.g. because of lack of precision to time the events)?