[Gta04-owner] Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Wed Aug 28 03:29:57 CEST 2013

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 21:41:52 +1000 Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:13:11 +1000
> NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
>
> > > Mine is unusable because I can't plug it in partly discharged and it
> > > recharge from the USB power supply (mains, car, other battery
> > > brick). It only recharges when it is fully discharged.
> > > Once it's fully discharged it's off, and I may not notice or I may
> > > not have any other source of power to recharge it at the time.
> >
> > That is very peculiar.  It sounds like a kernel bug.  Which kernel
> > are you running (Exact git commit if possible)?  What config file?
> >
> > NeilBrown
> qtmoko-debian-gta04-v55-armhf.tar.gz
> the uImage has no identifier on my desktop copy
> I downloaded them both on 02 April this year
>
> and mentioned it on the list about that time, with no resolution.
> At present the GTA04 is back in a box and I'm using a phone that takes
> calls and does text

Thanks.  That kernel isn't a lot different to the one I'm running.
The config file is a bit different though.
In particular the CONFIG_CMDLINE_* entries are a bit different and that may
well result in twl4030_charger.allow_usb=1 not taking effect.

Can you report:
  cat /proc/cmdline
  cat  /sys/module/twl4030_charger/parameters/allow_usb

Does
  echo Y >  /sys/module/twl4030_charger/parameters/allow_usb

make a difference?

NeilBrown