[Gta04-owner] fm-tuner - was Re: hw routing audio patch removed in 3.7?

Benjamin Deering ben_deering at swissmail.org
Tue Aug 20 23:16:02 CEST 2013

On 06/24/2013 05:38 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> What could be next steps?
>
> 1. make the SI47xx driver use I2C
> and add ALSA mixer controls for e.g. setting frequency,
> scanning and asking for signal strength etc.
Is anyone else using alsa this way?  The few linux radio examples I saw
used v4l (which sounds like a lot of work).
> You may ask why we need this if we can control I2C directly from
> user space. The reason why I think we need it is that suspend/resume
> must do the correct clock switching sequence and this needs interaction
> between the McBSP and the Si47xx drivers.
>
> 2. find out why it works on one board only
It is working on my board (thanks for making this demo program).  It
took several tries to upgrade u-boot.  I ended up using strings
/dev/mtd1 |less to confirm I successfully upgraded.  To get reception I
need to insert my headphones partway into the GTA04.

  I have some extra 2.5mm jacks, is there a way to make an antenna only
cable so I can play radio through speakers?