[Gta04-owner] kernel 3.11: PVR/SGX status

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Aug 12 11:26:53 CEST 2013

Hi all,
I think I have fixed the /proc/pvr wrapper of the PVR/SGX driver to a level
where it appears to work (but isn't tested completely).

Unfortunately the PVR system doesn't load (pvrsrvinit gives an error message
and strace shows that it is an invalid address for some ioctl on /dev/pvrsrvkm).

I had to change two more things to make it boot without crashing:

1) there was no call to SysInit() and tehrefore the omaplfb did get a NULL pointer dereference
2) the SGX clock did only get a clk_enable and failed because the clk_prepare was missing

Both have been fixed but I am not sure if they are fixed correctly, since neither fix
was necessary on the 3.7 kernel.

There is a topic specific "work in progress" branch:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/wip-gpupvrsgx

Help is really appreciated!