[Gta04-owner] Connection is bad, e. g. compared to GTA02

ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 6 04:04:19 CEST 2013

Hello,

since I own my GTA04 A4, the connection to my mobile provider is very
bad when being at home: I have 0 to 1 bars (of the 4 possible bars).

When having a phone call within my home, I often lose the connection.
If the call is not lost, I and the caller on the other side hear most of
the time a buzz.
When I go outside my home the buzz vanishes (even in the same call) and
I am using happliy the GTA04 as my main phone.

This happens with QtMoko v52 and QtMoko v55. I did not test other
distributions.

If I put at home the SIM card of the GTA04 into my old GTA02 I get 2 to
3 (of the 4) bars and I am able to call without the buzz or losing the
connection.
Using the same SIM-Card into an old non-smartphone I get 3 of 5
connection bars.

Does any body has an idea how to improve the connection?

How to check if the antenna has an issue?

Is the antenna of the GTA04 not as good as the antenna of the GTA02?

Thank you for any help,
ma_pri