[Gta04-owner] Android kernel for GTA04 and flickering issues

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Tue Apr 30 22:59:41 CEST 2013

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 08:59:13 +0200
"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Am 23.04.2013 um 21:51 schrieb Paul Kocialkowski:
>
> > We keep trying to get an usable Android kernel for GTA04. Our last
> > try was to merge neil's 3.7-gta04 tree with the main 3.8 android
> > kernel.
> >
> > With that (but also with other kernels I've tried), we have a screen
> > flickering that occurs when returning from suspend. Would you know
> > any
>
> Can you describe the flickering in detail?
After resume it flickers, I don't really know how to describe it well,
it's more visible when the backlight is not dimmed.
It's also a kernel problem because crashing the kernel result in the
image beeing frozen and the flickering still beeing there.
> Does it look as if the sync frequency is too low? (this was fixed
> long ago in U-Boot when running on DM3730 vs. OMAP3530 because they
> need different initializations)
How does that looks like?

>Does it disappear after a while or after doing specific commands?
I didn't succeed at making it disappear.

> Does it always occur or only sometimes?
It always occurs.

> > lead that could help us fix the issue?
>
> It could also be something with internal clock disable/enable and
> PLL frequency dividers. If any one is not correct after resume the
> display will show strange things.
ok.

Under the replicant kernel I adapted the code for 3.8 and
so .enable/.disable is the same than .suspend/.resume...

Reverting the commit that forced me to do that and reverting the
adaptation of the code to that commit didn't fix it either...

Denis.