[Gta04-owner] 3G internet connection

Sven openmoko at maricon.de
Wed Apr 24 00:34:51 CEST 2013

Hello,

does it really work? Hermann said we need to use /dev/ttyHS_Control
instead of /dev/ttyHS_Modem.

What's the reason for using femtocom? Isn't /dev/ttHS_Control a
tty-Device where one could directly do an echo to it?

I tried to do "apt-get install femtocom" but it couldn't find the
package. For compiling it by myself on the phone, I need gcc, but gcc is
not part of the QtMoko distro. So I need to apt-get install it. It says
that it's 29,5 MB, so with my current 2G connection would take some
hours only for getting it. Other possibility would be to connect the
phone to the internet via IP over USB. But therefor I also need to do
the right network setup, where I always have to look within my
documentation how to do it, because I cannot remember them. So what I
want to say is:

a) I'll try it out when I have some more time, i.e. weekend.

b) If femtocom is really needed for such things (why?), please add it to
the distro or at least to the repository. Handling would become much
more user friendly...

Best regards
    Sven