[Gta04-owner] charging battery

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Apr 22 13:10:27 CEST 2013


Am 22.04.2013 um 12:02 schrieb Liz:

> 
>> 
>> This should reveal useful information.
>> 
> Battery 1
> root at neo:~# echo "USB Charger"
> USB Charger
> root at neo:~# echo "============"
> ============
> root at neo:~# echo online:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_usb/online
> 2>/dev/null)
> 
> online: 1
> root at neo:~# echo type:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_usb/type)
> 
> type: USB
> root at neo:~# echo status:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_usb/status
> 2>/dev/null)
> 
> status: Charging
> root at neo:~# echo volt:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_usb/voltage_now
> 2>/dev/null)uV
> 
> volt: 4803786uV
> root at neo:~# echo current:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_usb/current_now
> 2>/dev/null)uA
> 
> current: 487749uA
> root at neo:~# echo ID:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-0048/twl4030_usb/id
> 2>/dev/null) ID: floating root at neo:~# 
> root at neo:~# echo
> 
> root at neo:~# echo "AC Charger"
> AC Charger
> root at neo:~# echo "============"
> ============
> root at neo:~# echo online:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_ac/online
> 2>/dev/null) online: 0 root at neo:~# echo type:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_ac/type
> 2>2>/dev/null)
> type: Mains
> root at neo:~# echo status:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_ac/status
> 2>/dev/null) status: Not charging root at neo:~# echo volt:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_ac/voltage_now
> 2>2>/dev/null)uV
> volt: uV
> root at neo:~# echo current:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_ac/current_now
> 2>/dev/null)uA current: uA root at neo:~# 
> root at neo:~# # see
> http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/hwmon/twl4030-madc-hwmon
> root at neo:~# echo
> 
> root at neo:~# echo "Main Battery"
> Main Battery
> root at neo:~# echo "============"
> ============
> root at neo:~#
> VOLT=$(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in12_input)
> root at neo:~# echo volt: ${VOLT}mV ca. $(expr \( "$VOLT" - 3300 \) \*
> 100 / 950)% volt: 4187mV ca. 93% root at neo:~# echo current:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/curr10_input)mA current:
> 504mA root at neo:~# echo temp:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/temp1_input) temp: 26
> root at neo:~# echo type:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in0_input)mV type: 0mV
> root at neo:~# echo ADC7:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in7_input)mV# MICSENSE
> ADC7: 21mV# MICSENSE root at neo:~# echo VBUS:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in8_input)mV VBUS: 4810mV
> root at neo:~# echo VCHG:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in11_input)mV VCHG: 9mV
> root at neo:~# 
> root at neo:~# echo
> 
> root at neo:~# echo "Backup battery"
> Backup battery
> root at neo:~# echo "=============="
> ==============
> root at neo:~# echo volt:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in9_input)mV volt: 3206mV
> root at neo:~# 
> root at neo:~# echo
> 
> root at neo:~# echo "BQ27000 (if HDQ works)"
> BQ27000 (if HDQ works)
> root at neo:~# echo "======================"
> ======================
> root at neo:~# echo present:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/present
> 2>/dev/null) present: 1 root at neo:~# echo type:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/type
> 2>2>/dev/null)
> type: Battery
> root at neo:~# echo technology:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/technology
> 2>/dev/null) technology: Li-ion root at neo:~# echo capacity:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/capacity
> 2>2>/dev/null)%
> capacity: 97%
> root at neo:~# echo status:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/status
> 2>/dev/null) status: Charging root at neo:~# echo level:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/capacity_level
> 2>2>/dev/null)
> level: Normal
> root at neo:~# echo volt:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/voltage_now
> 2>/dev/null)uV volt: 4177000uV root at neo:~# echo current:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/current_now
> 2>2>/dev/null)uA
> current: -110670uA
> root at neo:~# echo temp:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/temp
> 2>/dev/null)/10 temp: 313/10 root at neo:~# echo charge:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_now
> 2>2>/dev/null)uAh
> charge: 1121158uAh
> root at neo:~# echo full:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_full
> 2>/dev/null)uAh full: 1153110uAh root at neo:~# echo design:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_full_design
> 2>2>/dev/null)uAh
> design: 1233792uAh
> root at neo:~# echo energy:
> "$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/energy
> 2>/dev/null)J?" energy: J? root at neo:~# echo power:
> 2>"$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/power
> 2>2>/dev/null)W?"
> power: W?
> root at neo:~# echo cycles:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/cycle_co
>> echo health:
>> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-batte
>> echo discharge:
>> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/time_to_em
>> echo remaining:
>> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/time_to_empty_n
>> echo charging:
>> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/time_to_full_now
>> 2>
>> 
> =============================
> 
> change battery to old battery without rebooting phone, as phone won't
> boot with old battery in place

Ah, you were able to replace the battery and it did continue to work?
This almost means that the charging circuitry is ok or it would immediately turn off after removing the battery.

> ==============================
> 
> Battery 0
> root at neo:~# echo "USB Charger"
> USB Charger
> root at neo:~# echo "============"
> 
> ============
> root at neo:~# echo online:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_usb/online
> 2>/dev/null)
> 
> online: 1
> root at neo:~# echo type:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_usb/type)
> 
> type: USB
> root at neo:~# echo status:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_usb/status
> 2>/dev/null)
> 
> status: Charging

looks good

> root at neo:~# echo volt:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_usb/voltage_now
> 2>/dev/null)uV
> 
> volt: 4783257uV

should be between 450000 uV and 5200000 uV, i.e. is ok. Cable not weak or broken.

> root at neo:~# echo current:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_usb/current_now
> 2>/dev/null)uA
> 
> current: 514337uA
> root at neo:~# echo ID:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-0048/twl4030_usb/id
> 2>/dev/null) ID: floating root at neo:~# 
> root at neo:~# echo
> 
> root at neo:~# echo "AC Charger"
> AC Charger
> root at neo:~# echo "============"
> ============
> root at neo:~# echo online:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_ac/online
> 2>/dev/null) online: 0 root at neo:~# echo type:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_ac/type
> 2>2>/dev/null)
> type: Mains
> root at neo:~# echo status:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_ac/status
> 2>/dev/null) status: Not charging root at neo:~# echo volt:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_ac/voltage_now
> 2>2>/dev/null)uV
> volt: uV
> root at neo:~# echo current:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/omap_i2c.1/i2c-1/1-004b/twl4030_bci/power_supply/twl4030_ac/current_now
> 2>/dev/null)uA current: uA root at neo:~# 
> root at neo:~# # see
> http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/hwmon/twl4030-madc-hwmon
> root at neo:~# echo
> 
> root at neo:~# echo "Main Battery"
> Main Battery
> root at neo:~# echo "============"
> ============
> root at neo:~#
> VOLT=$(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in12_input)
> root at neo:~# echo volt: ${VOLT}mV ca. $(expr \( "$VOLT" - 3300 \) \*
> 100 / 950)% volt: 3067mV ca. -24% root at neo:~# echo current:

3067mV is *very* low.

> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/curr10_input)mA current:
> 609mA root at neo:~# echo temp:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/temp1_input) temp: 25
> root at neo:~# echo type:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in0_input)mV type: 0mV
> root at neo:~# echo ADC7:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in7_input)mV# MICSENSE
> ADC7: 24mV# MICSENSE root at neo:~# echo VBUS:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in8_input)mV VBUS: 4796mV
> root at neo:~# echo VCHG:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in11_input)mV VCHG: 9mV
> root at neo:~# 
> root at neo:~# echo
> 
> root at neo:~# echo "Backup battery"
> Backup battery
> root at neo:~# echo "=============="
> ==============
> root at neo:~# echo volt:
> $(cat /sys/devices/platform/twl4030_madc_hwmon/in9_input)mV volt: 3184mV
> root at neo:~# 
> root at neo:~# echo
> 
> root at neo:~# echo "BQ27000 (if HDQ works)"
> BQ27000 (if HDQ works)
> root at neo:~# echo "======================"
> ======================
> root at neo:~# echo present:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/present
> 2>/dev/null) present: 1 root at neo:~# echo type:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/type
> 2>2>/dev/null)
> type: Battery
> root at neo:~# echo technology:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/technology
> 2>/dev/null) technology: Li-ion root at neo:~# echo capacity:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/capacity
> 2>2>/dev/null)%
> capacity: 0%

i.e. completely discharged.

> root at neo:~# echo status:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/status
> 2>/dev/null) status: Charging root at neo:~# echo level:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/capacity_level
> 2>2>/dev/null)
> level: Normal
> root at neo:~# echo volt:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/voltage_now
> 2>/dev/null)uV volt: 3089000uV root at neo:~# echo current:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/current_now
> 2>2>/dev/null)uA
> current: -206703uA

negative current means it *is* charging.

> root at neo:~# echo temp:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/temp
> 2>/dev/null)/10 temp: 268/10 root at neo:~# echo charge:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_now
> 2>2>/dev/null)uAh
> charge: 0uAh
> root at neo:~# echo full:
> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_full
> 2>/dev/null)uAh full: 1119016uAh root at neo:~# echo design:
> 2>$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_full_design
> 2>2>/dev/null)uAh
> design: 1233792uAh
> root at neo:~# echo energy:
> "$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/energy
> 2>/dev/null)J?" energy: J? root at neo:~# echo power:
> 2>"$(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/power
> 2>2>/dev/nul
>> echo cycles:
>> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/cycle_count
>> 2 echo health:
>> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-batte
>> echo discharge:
>> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/time_to_em
>> echo remaining:
>> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/time_to_empty_n
>> echo charging:
>> $(cat /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/01-000000000000/bq27000-battery/power_supply/bq27000-battery/time_to_full_now
>> 2>

Hm. Please leave it in the GTA04 in this state and check the values after 3-4 hours. Main battery voltage should have
increased and the battery charge should be >0.



More information about the Gta04-owner mailing list