[Gta04-owner] Almost bought a spyPhone?

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Wed Apr 17 11:26:14 CEST 2013

I strongly suggest not only to value privacy! The problem is by far
bigger.

Short introduction:
In Germany some time ago there was a big excitement when Chaos Computer
Club (CCC) published an expertise about the so called "Bundestrojaner" - a
virus created and released by our government. All of our big media
reported at great length about this massif spy-attac against privacy. But
none of them published the information, what further malfunctions had been
included within this virus:

- Putting data onto your computer that you never wanted to have there.
- Deleting data from your computer.
- Putting arbitrary executables onto your computer and start them.
- Manipulating/Disturbing communication between you and and your computer.
- Crashing your system by simple remote call.

You'll find CCC's paper here (German):
www.ccc.de/system/uploads/76/original/staatstrojaner-report23.pdf

Reading it - perhaps with the help of some translator - strongly
recommended. Especially page 8: The list of the malware-RFCs.

And then it might help to start asking the question: What's the interest
of a government that grabs to such instruments?

Best regards
   Sven